We can help you claim your right to manage if:
- 75% of the building is residential,
- 50% of leaseholders want to,
- the building is capable of being managed separately, i.e., there are some restrictions where there are shared services, communal heating etc, or not physical division.
Claiming your right to manage is a relatively straight forward process to control your destiny because:
- There is no need to prove that the landlord is at fault.
- Few cases ever reach Tribunal, as if you fulfil the tests above, it is hard for a landlord to find grounds to deny your right to manage,
- the process does not require a court order or the consent of your landlord.
Subject to service of Notices at the correct time and in the appropriate form lessees will benefit from making their own decisions on all the important matters affecting their property.
With ABC Estates there's no risk in applying for the right to manage.
Beyond the right to manage
You'll need good property management in place for after you have claimed your right to manage, ABC Estates will provide you with a fixed fee management consultancy through the process, arrange new insurance, usually at a significant saving and deal with the handover from the previous managing agent.